Back pain Essendon
Back pain is a major health problem in Australia. In fact, 8 out of 10 people may suffer back pain.
Lower back pain is particularly common. It may come from various different parts of the spine, including:
facet joints of the lower back
muscles and ligaments of the lumbar spine.
If you live in Ascot Vale, Essendon and surrounds, we can help you with this kind of pain.
Symptoms of back pain
The symptoms of back pain may vary from person to person. They may be:
Sharp and specific to joints
Tight and restrictive
Back pain may come on suddenly or build up over time. Sometimes it may even travel into the legs and feet.
Causes of back pain
There are numerous causes of back pain.
Your chiropractor can perform a thorough history and examination to not only treat the pain but to assess and treat the underlying cause of it.
Three of the most common forms of low back pain are:
Contact us to find out if chiropractic care near Essendon may be of benefit to you. We’d love to help you alleviate your pain!
1. Walker BF, Muller R, Grant WD. Low back pain in Australian adults. Prevalence and associated disability. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2004; 27: 238-244.
2. Manchikanti et al. Prevalance of facet joint pain in chronic spinal pain of cervical thoaric and lumbar refions. BMC Musculoskeletal disorders 2004 (5) 15
3. Long.M. The Clinical Training and Communication Program: Module 2 Spinal Diagnosis,Chiropractic Development International 2013.
4. Souza T. Differential diagnosis and management for the chiropractor, Protocols and algorithms, Fourth edition. Jones and Bartlett Publishing 2009.
5. Terrret A 2010 , Clinical orthopaedic & neurological syndromes: Thoracic and Lumbar Spine. Book 1 RMIT 2011 181-186